Tuesday, May 15, 2007

cooking (part 1)

(Food is necessary for life. Thorough knowledge of this area would be essential. To complete this category you shall document your knowledge of food in your area, including what was available, where it came from, restrictions on food and how it would be prepared. You shall include a sample of a menu for a normal day and for a feast. You must also prepare a suitable dish at an event with appropriate documentation. This shall be judged by the Cook’s Guild. )

So I thought I would post some of the stuff I have been working on in this catagory






Here is my sugar paste dishes drying........ I can't wait to paint them!




And here is some candied carrots and parsnips (on the waxed paper, I ended up not using these as they just didn't take a lot of sugar... I might retry them in time for crossroads) and candied apples and pears... which taste pretty good



A bad pic, of jumbles (elizabethan cookies)

A little close up of the jumbles so you can see the little knots and fun shapes

No comments: